Your students will develop an understanding of:
• how to conduct an investigation and interpret data
• diversity in ecosystems
• plant structures and their different functions in growth, survival, and reproduction
• how to conduct a simple experiment to learn about form and function
• the effects of environmental changes
• Sound Senseuse ears and then eyes to sharpen your observation skills.
• Cool Toollearn how to test the health of your environment.
• Seedy Travelerspredict and then test the strategies that seeds use to travel.
• Walk on Water Bugscreate a water bug and use it to explore the effects of water pollutants.
• Drain Gamemake a watershed to learn about toxic runoff into lakes and streams.
Check out the supply list for each activity.