Your students will develop an understanding of:
• systems, order, and organization
• the characteristics of living things
• evidence, models, and the ability to use simple tools to gather data
• environments and personal health
• life cycles, and structure and function in living things
• Classy Parasitescreate a parasite classification system.
• What Is a Parasite?make and dissect an Ascaris worm.
• Pet Parasite Detectiveexamine a pet for ticks and fleas.
• Parasite Sleuthsolve mysterious diseases by finding the problem parasites.
• Traveling Tapewormunravel the stages of a developing tapeworm in a life-size human gut.
Check out the supply list for each activity.